Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Grandparent's Day!

I always love Jen del Muro's sketches. They are fun and challenge you to be creative in ways you never knew you could be! You can see her sketch on this post.

Since today is Grandparent's Day (did you know that??) I decided to make a card for my mother-in-law who is a FANTASTIC grandmother to my son Jake. Not that my mother isn't...haha, she is gone on vacation so her card will be waiting for her when she gets back! No, my mother-in-law is the opposite of all those horror stories about in-laws that you hear. She is sweet, fun, kind and just plain ol' great. (She doesn't even read this blog so I don't really need to gush THAT much!) :)

I used Basic Grey Gypsy papers from the 6x6 pack for this card, paired with Papertrey Ink's Vintage Cream cardstock. You can see that I ran the Cream through my Swiss Dots embossing folder for a little extra texture. I roughed up all the edges of the papers with my Heidi Swapp distressor and sponged Dark Chocolate ink around everything as well. The sentiment comes from Little Paper Shop and was perfect for this card! I stamped it in Dark Chocolate ink and used Aqua Mist ink to sponge around those edges. Both it and the matted paper were cut out using my Nestabilties. As a finishing touch, I added brads from the Basic Grey Boxer collection and dabbed some Diamond Stickles on them. Viola! Finished!

I hope all you grandparents have a wonderful Grandparent's Day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!