Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday you Fancy Pants, you!

I loooooove when I find a piece of designer paper that just screams perfection :) That's how I feel about this Fancy Pants About a Boy- Rockin' paper... I L-O-V-E it. I used it as most of my focal point for this male birthday card. It's so 'busy' that the card really didn't need much of anything else.


The card itself measures 5 1/4" square and uses the reverse side of the patterned paper for the card base. Then comes the awesome designer paper! After that I pulled out a Technique Tuesday chipboard circle and coloured it blue with a Copic marker. The chipboard star is from my stash and was coloured yellow with a Copic marker before adding Lemon Stickles to it. It's glued to the blue circle. I used an Inkadinkado sentiment stamped in Pinecone Versacolor, sponged some orange ink around the edges and matted it to the same designer paper as the card base. It's popped up with dimensionals, with one side attached to the blue chipboard circle. Colourful and fun and hopefully semi-masculine! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ohh I love that paper!! Great cards and the stars are fab.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the paper its fab and that star really sets it of. excellent card
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab paper Marcie! I love your card!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You are so right- this screams "ROCKIN" Love it- very cute- geat job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!