Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wild Saffron Sympathy

I love this image- it's perfect for many occasions, and for this particular card I've used it for a sympathy card.

The stamped is called Solidago Sprig and comes from a company called Rubber Stampede. I bought it ages ago when I first started making cards so I've had it a llllloooong time!

I stamped the image with Dark Chocolate Papertrey Ink ink and a greeny/turquoise from Versacolor on Vintage Cream paper and sponged the edges with Dark Chocolate. It's matted on Dark Chocolate cardstock, with patterned paper from K & Company (Wild Saffron line) and more Vintage Cream cardstock as the card base. Ribbon is sheer brown ribbon from my stash and the brads are white Making Memories brads that coloured brown with my Copic markers. (I love when I can do that!) The tag punch is a Martha Stewart punch from Michael's and I used a hole punch to put my metal jump ring through it, and to attach it to the ribbon. The 'With Sympathy' sentiment comes from Mixed Messages stamp set by Papertrey Ink.

5 comments:

  1. Perfect in every way!! I need that tag punch - I need ALL Martha's punches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Marcie, I love the stamp and the tag, it's beautiful!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards Marcie...glad you clarified on why you are making so many sympathy cards :). I have a craft stand with my mum on 6 December and we are busy making our list of things to make and then do a big push to get them done too. Enjoy it. I hope you are feeling well. Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the image and ribbon. Very tasteful for what can be a difficult occasion to make for.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!