Saturday, August 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

Home sweet home is right...we were on vacation for a few days at a cottage a few hours north of us and I'm glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed...except for all the LAUNDRY I have to do now!! Ack!

I made this card for my friend Erin who recently bought her first home in Ottawa. Congrats Erin! I used patterned papers from the SEI Dill Blossom collection and the coordinating solids (LOVE those papers!) and paired it with Papertrey Ink's Vintage Cream- a nice break from the usual white cardstock I use.
I stamped the house in Pinecone Versacolor ink, and then masked it to stamp the tree. Both images are coloured in with my Copic markers.
Ribbon is misc. from my stash as are the buttons, and the faux stitching I did using a paper piercer and brown marker. The sentiment comes from the Boards and Beams set by Papertrey Ink, as do the images.

9 comments:

  1. It DOES look nice and cozy! just like your home does! So Glad you are back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little house is just the cutest!! And you are right, there is no place like home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card love the image. pleased you had a nice holiday.
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh its lovely!!

    Glad you had a good holibobs!

    Sorry haven't been around much, life is chaos!!
    Little something for you on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Good luck with all that laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Marcie, love the image. Glad you had a nice break :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. I really love the house stamp. So cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That house is on my wish list I just love Papertrey stamps, a fab card and I love how you've coloured it. I have something for you on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how your card matches with your story! It's always nice to return home I agree! I love the image and the colours! A gorgeous card!
    Love Becky xx
    P.S I hope your little bump is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!