Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Countdown to August 15th!!

This sympathy card didn't take long at to make, and so I think I'll whip up a few more in various colours.

The base layer is Vintage Cream cardstock by Papertrey Ink, layered with Dark Chocolate cardstock, and Chocolate Remix patterned paper (the 6x6 pack). The main sentiment is from Papertrey's Out on a Limb sentiments stamp set and was stamped with Dark Chocolate ink. I then sprinkled some sparkly embossing powder on while the ink was still wet, and heat set. I cut out and embossed the edges of the sentiment using my rectangle Nestabilities, and matted it on Dark Chocolate cardstock.
The final touch was the satin Dark Chocolate ribbon added along the bottom.

You can find all the Dark Chcolate products here- a quick link to the July 2008 releases. The Vintage Cream can be found here, and the stamp set can be found here.
Don't forget to keep checking out Nichole Heady's blog which is counting down the days until the August 15th release!!

5 comments:

  1. Really - dark chocolate ink!

    Nice cards. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must be on the same wave length today......I'm into sympathy today too - but I hate that we need them.....and I LOVE that Dark Chocolate ink!!! Really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish and perfect for the occasion.
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a day! I found my neice's blog through her mom's blog and didn't know either one of you had taken your hobby so far.
    Your cards are just beautiful!
    I have just recently taken the time to read card making blogs - finding all kinds of great ideas - and now my own family members.
    Congratulations!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!