Thursday, August 28, 2008

Christmas cardinals

Christmas, Christmas time is here...do I sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks? :) This is my first Christmas card of the season and let me tell you, I cringed the entire time making it. I really love winter and snow and all that fun stuff that goes along with the holiday season, but really, I think I could handle another month or two of hot, summery weather!

I love this Inkadinkado cardinal image...so pretty! I bought it here at Scrappin' Great Deals. I attempted to use a rock n' roll technique on this image, and I think it sort of worked. :) I simply pressed the image into red ink, then rolled the edges over again to get a darker look. I added Candy Cane Stickles to the berries on the holly in the image. Patterned paper is Basic Grey Figgy Pudding (you must buy this paper, it's just too gorgeous), baubles are from Stamping Bella, ribbon is from the Paper Pickle, and that's about all the details you'll need! :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - very pretty image.
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful stamp Marcie! Gorgeous card! You should be in the UK, our summer has been a real wash-out!!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcie, love the effect on your bird, I've just done my 1st xmas card too!

    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Marcie!! There is nothing like Christmas - later on!! I borrowed this stamp yesterday by the way......hee hee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Marcie, love that stamp x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!