Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cardmakers inspiration

I've been making sympathy cards all week. Thankfully, not for the reason you might think, but for a Christmas Bazaar my mom and I are going to sell our cards in come November 29th. Might as well get a start on stocking up our supply of every kind of card! So this week, unless of course it becomes too depressing, I'm going to make all sympathy cards. :) This card was inspired by a card made by Julia Stainton that I saw in Cardmaker's magazine.

This one uses stamps from Nature's Silhouettes by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms. I used a variety of brown inks (one being Mushroom Adirondack ink) for the background stamps, with one in a pale blue to draw out the blue cardstock it's matted on. The sentiment is from Out on a Limb sentiments by Papertrey Ink. I used my Cropadile to hole punch a hole in one side of the card to tie the ribbon through, and added a flatback pearl over top of the tied part. The mushroom coloured cardstock I ran through a Cuttlebug folder, and glued it to Vintage Cream cardstock from PTI.

5 comments:

  1. A very elegant card for a difficult occasion, good luck with your cards and fayre.
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful, I love the images you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an elegant and tasteful card, perfect for its sentiment and shows love and thoughtfulness for a sad occasion.

    I have blog candy now up and running if you fancy a go!

    Hope you are well
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, no too fussy!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!