Monday, August 18, 2008

A butterfly wedding!


This card is a wedding card for a friend's upcoming wedding in September. The picture didn't really seem to turn out all that great, being a white card, taken on a white background and my photo editing skills seems less than perfect today :)

I used a Magenta background stamp bought from the Paper Pickle and stamped it in Sweet Blush ink, and heat embossed it with a sparkle EP. Then I did it AGAIN and cut out the butterflies and popped them up with liquid adhesive (which was quite smelly and gave me a headache...oops, better open a window next time!). It's matted on Sweet Blush paper and the next layer is white cardstock run through my Swiss Dots embossing folder. Finally, the card base is white cardstock.

Supplies used: White stamper's select cardstock, Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush ink all by Papertrey Ink; Magenta stamp; sparkle EP; dimensionals; Swiss Dots embossing folder by Cuttlebug; liquid adhesive.

Finally, this is my little guy Jake- he's almost 2 and this picture cracks me up! He thinks he is sooo funny (hence the picture of him laughing at himself!) and really, he is pretty funny most days!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful card, would never have thought of using butterflys on a wedding card but it works really well
    x
    ps your little boy made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw how cute is he? And the card is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Marcie, love the soft tones and the embossing! Jake is such a cutie, he made me smile too!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!