Friday, July 25, 2008

Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop!!!

I'm soooo excited!! Tonight is my very first time participating the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!!


This was the challenge issued for this month's Blog Hop... "With the addition of vellums to our lineup this month, we want to see your very best use of this fun new product, especially our exclusive linen vellum. Embrace the transparency & thickness and use it to your advantage. They die cut beautifully & emboss well when using the Nestabilities. Layer it, stamp it, build with it (think templates for boxes & bags), use it as your card base, brayer it or distress it! The sky is the limit! Even if you do not have our vellums to work with, please feel free to use what you have!" There you have it!

A note-- The vellum I used is not Papertrey Ink's because it was not available to me as of the start of the challenge so I used some from my stash which absorbed the Aqua Mist ink terribly, hence not being able to see the beautiful flowers from the Out on a Limb set that I stamped all over the vellum. :(

Supplies used: Everyday Blessings 6x6 designer paper; Stampers Select white cardstock; vellum; Aqua Mist satin ribbon; Out on a Limb (revised) flowers AND sentiment; Aqua Mist ink; crystals.


A note-- This card was made using vellum as the card base. I used my scalloped circle and plain circle Nestabilities for the base, as well as for the other layers. The flower is stamped on the white cardstock AND on the vellum (which I cut out) and the edges are kind of turned upwards to give the card some dimension.

Supplies used: vellum; Berry Sorbet cardstock, Summer Sunrise cardstock, Stampers Select white cardstock, Berry Sorbet ink, Summer Sunrise ink, glue dots, pop dots, crystals, Making Memories clear glitter; paper piercer.
Check out the Blog Hop forum HERE.

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful elegant cards - well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute - love how you're able to use the vellum as a base! It adds so much elegance! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really like the first one, I love simple clean lines, both cards are really great tfs >"<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the simplicity of your first one! And great idea to use the vellum for the card base!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are lovely. Your flower is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is too bad that your vellum soaked up the aqua mist ink on your first card. But you know what...it is beautiful just the way it looks (if you click on it and make it bigger, you can also see just a bit of the blue...and it looks good too). I especially like the little bit of bling you added!! Funky round card too! very creative. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so stylish, love the circle card, very original

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! I like how you used the vellum as the card base--I never think to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love the vellum as a card base. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your first card especially. Such a nice clean job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty- I esp like the aqua one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice cards! Great stuff from a fellow Ontario girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very elegant! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! Love the simplicity and gentleness that this projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice! I especially love the aqua card. I love PTI's aqua mist it is such an elegant color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them both! They are so pretty and your colours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are so pretty. Wonderful idea on the scalloped circle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards. Love the part vellum front idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards have a simple, fresh quality that I absolutely love--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the way you did the first card. Very nice. How clever to use the vellum as a shaped card base. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both of your cards; your flowers show up when I click on the card to enlarge it; they're gorgeous!!! Love that Nesties card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job! Both cards turned out beautiful even with the trials.

    ReplyDelete
  23. such great ideas! I really like the little nestie card---so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such pretty cards, I love how you made that card base using your nesties.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice job on both of them. Even though I can't see the flowers on the first one I still like the simpleness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You can't beat simplicity. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards Marcie I just love Papertrey Ink shame the flowers dont show up as well I got to get some of PTs vellum. I have missed 2 blog hops now must try and stay awake for the next one xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bummer about your stamped flowers not showing up, but the card looks lovely anyway. The scalloped card is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!