Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Not the result I'd hoped for...

As soon as I finished this card I knew I didn't like it...unfortunately I only got one chance with that beautiful image, because it was sent to me by the wonderful Maria! It's the fence...it's coloured too dark of a brown. Oh well, you can't love EVERY creation that you make, and I'm sure there will be someone out there who will buy it :) And if not...well, I'll save it for someone who doesn't know a thing about making cards. :)

Since Maria sent me the image, I'm not sure who it is made by- but isn't it precious!? It's coloured in with Copic markers, and matted on Berry Sorbet cardstock from Papertrey Ink. The Spring Moss and Lemon Tart cardstocks are also from PTI, while the card base is Aqua Mist (also by PTI). On the Aqua Mist paper I stamped my backgrounder, Flourish by Hero Arts in Aqua Mist ink. I used my Cropadile to punch a hole to tie the ribbon through (which is by Offray, bought at Walmart), and the clear baubles are from Stamping Bella. Lastly, the flowers are all from Prima, while the brad is a small white one from Making Memories that I coloured to match the Berry Sorbet cardstock with my Copic markers.

2 comments:

  1. It's still a very nice card indeed, But if you're not happy with the fence perhaps you could lighten it with the copic blender marker or maybe you could make a litte ' Beware of the dog' sign to put on it and disguise it a little as it is I like it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself! The card is lovely! I think Joy's idea would work perfectly and make you happier with it!
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!