Thursday, July 3, 2008

Easy one-layer cards

I love one layer cards. They are quick and pain-free (haha) and usually don't involve a lot of "fuss".

This card I cased from Amy Rysavy on the Papertrey Ink gallery and forum.

I used Papertrey Ink's white Stamper's Select cardstock for my base, and used the Out on a Limb stamp set for the rest. The 'new' Out on a Limb is 2 sets ($24 each set!! Holy moly!!) with the branches and leaves being one set, and the sentiments on another. It means the images and words are bigger and clearer, but it also means shelling out more $$ for the new set....but, ummmm, obviously I don't mind because I bought it! :)

Spring Moss ink was used on the limbs (stamped all haphazardly leading off the edge of the card), and Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding, and Summer Sunrise on the flower petals. I added Spica glitter to some of the flower petals. The sentiment comes from Out on a Limb also (verses/sentiments set) and was stamped in black.

Fast, elegant and I think I'll whip up another half dozen or so to have on hand.

5 comments:

  1. Just perfect for the occasion - very simply and crisp. Really lovely design, for a very difficult type of card.
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant, stylish card. I love the colours.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! Amazing work once again! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! I wish we didn't need these kinds of cards.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this style of card Marcie, so simple but the meaning is there.
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!