Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mmm cake!

This card makes me hungry! That cake looks delicious...maybe it will inspire me to go bake a cake. Oooohhh that made me laugh right out loud! Me? Bake?!? Nuh uh.
I used MFTSC31 from SCS for this card. The image and sentiment just seemd to 'fit' with the sketch. First I cut my card base, using Lemon Tart cardstock to 5 1/4" square, and stamped the open circles from Polka Dot Basics by Papertrey Ink in Lemon Tart ink and then embossed with clear powder.
Next I added all my layers of cardstock, using papers from my stash (all yellow is Lemon Tart). The image I stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black and coloured in with Copics, using Diamond Stickles on the cake's icing. The sentiment I cut out using a Marvy scalloped punch. The sparkly brads are Making Memories and I love using them because they are so pretty! They are so shimmery and nice. The ribbon I picked up at my LSS, the Paper Pickle which has terribly tempting ribbon jars right on the checkout counter that make me drool when I see them...buy 20 strands and get 5 free! Well...I took advantage of that the last time I was there!!

6 comments:

  1. fabulous card Marcie and that cake does look sooooo yummy - I love it :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Marcie, I don't do baking either!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks yummy and ready to eat!! Fab, fun card.
    Hugs
    Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Very colorful; just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!