Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A message for SBS17

I just want to leave a quick note for my SBS17 sisters...at home I have "slow-as-mud" dial-up internet (yep, not in the high-speed age yet) so it's very hard some days to check all your blogs like I would love to. It's agonizingly slllllooooowwww. I do work at the local library twice a week and they have high speed, so on Thursdays and Saturdays I try my best to comment on all your lovely creations if I get a quick break. Our municipal government has promised us access to high-speed come July so it won't be long before I can comment so much that you'll get sick of me!! :)

Fun times...yesterday I helped my mom clean up her cardmaking room. Yes, a whole room (my old childhood bedroom in fact) devoted to cardmaking...and all it's CHAOS!! Oh my goodness. I think that woman has saved every single teeny tiny scrap of paper she has ever cut off something. What a HOARDER! :) She had THREE of some things!! So of course, I have NO qualms at all about organizing, purging, giving away and even keeping a little for myself :) I was merciless. She literally would pull things out of the garbage as soon as I threw it out!! I started LICKING things to gross her out so she wouldn't grab them back (yes, it was bad). I'm not silly though- anything salvageable went into piles of 'stuff to sell', and 'stuff to donate to the local library' and 'stuff for ME to sneak out'. Anyway, we had a lot of laughs, her room is now neat and tidy for the next 24 hours at least, and I"ll go back in 6 months to do it all over again! :)

This card was done using Bella Baby Bubble Bath and Nestabilities dies. Designer papers are from DCVW Nana's Nursery Baby Boy glitter stack. White cardstock is Papertrey Ink's white stampers select. I used my Copics to colour it in, and added Spica glitter to the bubbles. Add some shimmery ribbon from Offray and done!

3 comments:

  1. Oooo you'll be in your element when you get high speed internet - I think we all take it for granted - and forget just how painful dial up is!
    Sounds like you had fun in your Mum craft room!
    Lovely card.
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about slow internet, broadband has only been in NZ for about 1.5 years I think, the computer at work used to be so slow you could go boil the jug and make a coffee while you waited for the page to load! Mind you my friend has just returned for England and reckons our broadband is like their dailup!
    Anyway, I think your baby card is lovely, what do you use to put the shadow edge around your image?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really made me laugh, licking things!!!, so funny!!! Love your card, it's fantastic, beautiful colouring!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!