Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

This is my first Father's Day card yet. I made soooo many Mother's Day cards (despite having ONE mother) that I seemed to have lost my mojo for Father's Day! Oh well, I'm sure my dad and father-in-law won't really pay attention to their card anyway...they'll just oooo and ahhhh over the new tools we get them :)
It looks 'manly' doesn't it? I used the Classic Pickup Truck image from Little Paper Shop, paired with Basic Grey Boxer papers. Ribbon is misc. from my stash, and the brads are Making Memories. I stamped the image in black and coloured it in with my Copic markers. All edges are inked with Antique Linen distress ink by Tim Holtz. I can't decide what to get for my husband for Father's Day. Our little guy Jake is too young to pick out something himself so I'm going to have to pester my brother-in-law for some hints!

8 comments:

  1. Great card Marcie...I always love to see LPS samples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love the distressed look you achieved around the stamped image. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Father's Day Card! I love the DP you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "TAG - you're it." Visit my blog for all the info...Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card love the colours and the paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Marcie - very 'manly'. I love the backing papers and the vintage look to the image.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great dad card! Love the image and the colours!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!