Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father Knows Best (just don't tell HIM that!)

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. My own dad is going away for Father's Day weekend to the Michigan Speedway...lucky guy! NASCAR is what makes him happy :) I haven't even gotten my own husband a gift yet- he can pick out his own. I never know what to get him!

This card is for my dad. I used the Father Knows Best stamp set by Papertrey Ink, paired with Basic Grey Boxer papers. I stamped the tree trunk in Pinecone Versacolor, and the open branches in black, colouring them in with my Copic markers, and using a dark green chalk to go over the rest lightly. The brads are from Making Memories, and the stitching I did with my paper piercer and a black marker.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card - very classic!
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't until I opened the picture larger that I realised how detailed the papers are. They go together so well to frame the tree. Its a great card and I am sure he will love it. Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love the papers and the tree.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!