Thursday, June 26, 2008

Baby bib for a preemie!

This card is a CASE from Debbie Olsen. Have you checked out her blog? It has some wonderful ideas. Of course, I didn't follow instructions properly, and so mine looks a little less like a bib, and more like a blob :) Oh well. I've tried again, and when I post that card, you'll see my technique improved :)

I used the large scalloped oval Nestabilities for my card base, using white Stampers Select cardstock. The patterned paper is from the Bitty Baby Blessings 6x6 paper pack by Papertrey Ink and was cut out using plain oval Nestabilities. The sentiment is called Babies by Penny Black and is stamped in Lavender Moon ink, sponged with Summer Sunrise, and matted on Lavender Moon cardstock. Ribbon is satin Lavender Moon. All products EXCEPT for the sentiment and Nestabilities are from Papertrey Ink.
I made this card for my cousin who had her baby on Monday about 5 weeks early. My mom and I went up to visit them in the hospital and he's so small and cute and doing very well- keeping his own that's for sure. We're hoping he'll be home be the end of next week. :)

4 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! I love the nestabilities sets xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - what a great idea.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is such a great idea! I love it! I hope baby is doing well now.
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!