Friday, May 9, 2008

Why don't you give it a try?

That's right- go ahead and try making your own patterned paper. It's not as hard as it looks. :) I saw the idea on Nichole Heady's blog awhile ago, and passed it off as too difficult for me to try...then my mom pretty much handed me the supplies and said "WE'RE GOING TO TRY IT" and of course, I'm too scared of my mom to argue. :)
I started with a piece of Sweet Blush cardstock and stamped a flower from the Garden of Life set in Berry Sorbet ink. I added the flower centers seperately, and then the leaf (stamped in Spring Moss). Then I stamped the flower outline in white ink overtop of the base flower image but not always quite on center. I did it randomly all over the paper and voila! Your own designer paper.
Additionally, for the rest of the card I cut Spring Moss as my card base, and then layered over it my designer paper matted on white cardstock. I used Berry Sorbet stitched ribbon, and my nestabilities to cut out scalloped squares in white, Sweet Blush and Spring Moss paper. Then I stamped my sentiment from the Verve Visual Wonderful Wishes Remixed set. As a final touch, I added some Diamond Stickles as accents to the center of each flower. All other materials are from Papertrey Ink.

7 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the color palette here. Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, really pretty colours and the flowers are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card the background paper is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours. A lovely, soft and stylish choice. K

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so pretty Marcie! I won't hurt you - you have too many stamps that I like! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love flowers... they make me smile. So cute!

    Esther
    sbs#17

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!