Monday, May 19, 2008

I've been tagged!

One of my SBS17 sisters has tagged me! Thanks Kylie! :) So are 6 things about me:

1) I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes (juvenile diabetes) when I was 4 years old and it has brought about all kinds of experiences and circumstances that have changed my life forever- summer camp for diabetic kids, fundraising challenges, getting my insulin pump...Living with diabetes is not easy, but taking good care of myself has ensured that I'll be around a loooong time!

2)I recently graduated from Carleton University in Ottawa, ON with a B.A. in History, minor in Women's Studies.

3)I have been married for 5 1/2 years to my husband Jared and we went away to Varadero, Cuba and were married at the Sandals resort there...sooo beautiful and romantic!!

4)I have lived in the same area (besides the years I was away at school) all my life. In fact, last year, my husband and I bought a farm RIGHT next door to where I grew up, so my parents are my neighbours.

5)When I was 17 I travelled to Osaka, Kyoto and Tottori, JAPAN for a school trip and I came home to NO HOUSE- it had burned down while I was away. (Thank goodness everyone, including pets were okay)

6)I can quote virtually every line from the movie The Princess Bride- I love, love, love it and my 19 month old son has been forced to watch it twice already. :) I can't urge you enough to watch it, it's AWESOME! :)

Okay, so now I'm going to tag 2 more of my SBS17 sisters...Claire and Ev.

3 comments:

  1. Great Facts Marcie! I too am a princess bride fanatic. Stop it now I mean it! Would anyone like a peanut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not think that means what you think it means! However I can verify every little thing!! I'm the mom and yes-- she is a Princess Bride FANATIC!! But ya gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating Marcie...your studies are interesting to me...I am a total British history nerd and women's studies was a minor area of study for me early in my studies. Thanks for sharing Kylie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!