Thursday, May 15, 2008

A flowery thank you AND blog candy!

Oooo did you see my post from the other day, offering up some blog candy??!! A beautiful Gina K. stamp set, and all YOU have to do is leave a link on THAT post to a card you have created using NOOOOOOO stamps at all :)
This card is based on a sketch by Lauren Meader...yeah, I didn't actually finish it in time to enter it in her birthday bash a week or so ago, but I wasn't going to let the sketch go to waste!!
I used Bazzil cardstock for all papers (the white is Papertrey Ink white stamper's select cardstock), and Brilliance Graphite Black for ink. The image is from Sunshine Designs and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Don't know what it's called, but I love it! :) The "thanks" sentiment is from My Favorite Things (the Essential Sentiments set) and the ribbon is from a huge pack my mom picked up at Costco awhile back. I coloured the image in with my copic markers and used Stickles for a little extra sparkle on some spots. The red photo corner was 'dotted' using my white Sakura glaze marker. Note the Swiss Dots embossing on the blue card base. I omitted a part of the sketch because I didn't really see how I was going to fit it in on my already busy card! I like this sketch, and I'll have to use it again sometime...don't forget about linking your cards by Monday for the blog candy!!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute card!! I think I might have to CASE it... :=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Marcie, love the stamp and what you've done with it!
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This card is gorgeous. The wildflowers paired with these color really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the flowers stamp. I like the colours that you used. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!