Monday, April 14, 2008

YOU brighten my day!

What a sweet little girl to colour and I'm so sorry but I don't even know her name or who made her! I'd love for you to tell me if you know!!?? Edited to add: Ellen tells me this cute little gal is called Stephanie from Whipper Snapper...thanks Ellen! This cute image comes from Ellen who generously paid it forward to me last week when I received a parcel in the mail containing a bunch of cardmaking "goodies"!!! And it came on a rough day which made it all the better because it cheered me up immensely! It was great meeting Ellen and others at our lunch a few weeks ago in Petrolia. Thanks Ellen, you rock! And I'm collecting my own goodies so I can pay it forward too! :)

Anywayyyyy- back to the card! The layout comes from a sketch of some sort but I can't recall off the top of my head, so once I look it up, I'll let ya know!! :) I'm kinda scatterbrained like that. Papers used were White, Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock from Papertrey Ink, and glitter paper from the Nana's Nursery Baby Girl stack by DCWV. I coloured my image in with Copic markers, adding some of my Spica glitter marker to the flowers. I sponged Sweet Blush ink around the edges and highlighted the image with a thin grey outline (using a Copic marker). The ribbon is the http://www.papertreyink.com/Berry Sorbet polka dot ribbon from Papertrey Ink, flowers are from my stash, and the mint coloured brads are Making Memories. Sentiment is from the Thoughtful Florals set by Verve Visual and just suits the image so much IMO!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card. Love that little girl image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcie,
    What a great job!
    Her name is Stephanie from whippersnapper, isn't she cute!
    I love the paper you used
    See you soon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!