Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Women of Life celebrate Mother's Day

I searched and searched and searched some more for ways to use the Women of Life set designed by Melissa J. Designs for Papertrey Ink. I think it's one of the most beautiful sets for women I've seen in a long time and my mind has been blank lately whenever I look at it. So, I headed on over to the Papertrey Inkpad gallery for some inspiration. I found a this card by Debbie Olsen which inspired me for my own creation. I used different colours of course, and changed up the sentiment, but all in all, it's still close to the original card and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
I started with a Berry Sorbet cardstock base in a different shape than I usually do--the final product is still 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" but you cut 11" x 4 1/4" and score at 5 1/2" instead. Get it? :) Not so hard, and it mixes things up a bit...okay, that's a sign that I realllly don't live all that dangerously :)
I stamped my Women of Life stems in black, and petals in Berry Sorbet, with centres being Mountain Lake Versacolor. Then I added glue to each centre using my glue pen, and sprinkled turquoise glitter on them. The sentiment (from Inkadinkado) was cut out with my Marvy oval punch (the smallest one, it's blue) and the matting for it I had to cut out by hand because I don't have a coordinating punch or die cut (ahem, YET). Add some pretty ribbon to tie it all together and done!

2 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! Thanks for giving me your blog address on Facebook! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh so cute and pretty! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!