Sunday, April 6, 2008

Shades of springtime?? Ohhh I hope so!

Well, it's been BEAUTIFUL weather here this weekend- sun shining and birds chirping, but with the recent death of a friend it's been kind of hard to enjoy it unfortunately... Even with as sad as I feel right now, we all know that it's hard, but we have to move on with our lives and never forget :)
I sat down this morning and worked on something a little "happy" looking to cheer myself up. I played along with SplitCoastStampers LSC162, where you could only use white and ONE other colour that is not a neutral. I chose to use white and a pale pink- which is actually Sweet Blush from Papertrey Ink. Okay, so I cheated a little and used a nice pale green Copic marker on the leaves, but I was using my creative license! :)
This hibiscus circle comes from Stamping Bella and is one of the newer purchases I made recently (teehee, I said ONE of...). I stamped it in Brilliance Graphite Black, and then heat set it. I coloured it in with my Copic Ciao markers, adding Spica glitter to the mini flowers in the image. I cut out the image with my plain circle Nestabilities and used Sweet Blush ink to sponge around the edges. Then I matted it on a piece of Sweet Blush cardstock cut out with a scalloped circle Nestability die.
The card base is a piece of Sweet Blush cardstock, and the white is Bazzil cardstock cut to size and run through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, and ticket punched with my SU punch. The DP is from Pink Patterns 6x6 paper pack from Papertrey Ink and is matted on Sweet Blush cardstock. I used Sweet Blush satin ribbon and secured it around the back of the white cardstock with glue dots, then glued the rest down, using dimensionals to pop up the central image. And then I was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!