Friday, April 4, 2008

Riley the Moose on his birthday (or on your birthday!)

I've not used Riley the Moose before (from Hanna stamps) but there's always a first time. If I ever get bored with my own stash- I just head over to my mom's and I'm sure to find something new and exciting there to play with. :) And that's where I found Coffee Riley- and that looks like how I would love to spend a morning- relaxing in my big chair with a coffee and cupcake! With my 18 month old boy Jake...well, in my dreams.
He's stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black and coloured in with Copic markers and Spica glitter on the cupcake. I cut him out with my Nestabilities dies, and used Aqua Mist cardstock from Papertrey Ink for the scalloped circle border. I sponged ink around the plain circle's edges with sage Versacolor ink, glued it to it's matting, then paper pierced on each scallop. The card base is a 5x5 piece of Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink), and the designer paper is from the Everyday Blessings 6x6 paper pack from Papertrey Ink., with both pieces being matted on a thin piece of Aqua Mist cardstock. I tied on some Aqua Mist polka dot ribbon, 2 green Bella baubles, and stamped my sentiment from the Birthday Basics set from Papertrey Ink. The Riley image is popped up with dimensionals. And done!
We've had some terrible news in our community today, and so for the next few days I'll likely not post. A young man who I went from kindergarten onwards with, and was still my neighbour and friend has passed away at a young age, and our hearts go out to his family. This is a small, loving community and it has hit all of us very hard. See you all at the beginning of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!