Thursday, April 10, 2008

Balloonabella says "Happy Birthday!"

Balloonabella from Stamping Bella is so much fun to work with. Her dress and balloons scream for paper piecing. BSC15 was the layout for this card. I used Pink bazzil cardstock as my base, layered over top with black bazzil. Each corner has a white Making Memories brad (which I made sure were spaced evenly by using my Cropadile). In the bottom right hand corner I stamped my sentiment which comes from the My Favorite Things You Take the Cake set. I stamped it in white, then lightly went over it with my white Sakura Glaze marker to brighten it up a bit. The large white circle I cut using my Spellbinders Nestabilities, then ran it through the Swiss Dots embossing folder by Cuttlebug. I sponged pink ink around the edges of the circle and glued it down. The next layer was this fantastic ribbon that I GRABBED and bought the minute I saw it!! And literally the very next day was when I saw the inspiration challenge IC122 on SCS and knew it would be perfect! I stamped the bella in black ink on white Papertrey Ink cardstock and coloured her with my Copic markers. Her dress was stamped in 3 colours using the Splatter Pattern stamp by All Night Media, then cut out and glued on. Her two balloons are pieced with shimmery paper and a suede-like material, and cut out a bit. I doodled along the bottom of the bella, sponged ink around the edges and matted her on pink bazzil cardstock. Her shoes were coloured in using a black Sakura gelly roll marker. And done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!