Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Whipper Snapper birthday

What a cold, miserable and blustery day!! Is it not supposed to be SPRING for crying out loud!!?? Okay, I'm alright now...just had to get that out.

This 5.5" square card uses the Party Kittens stamp by Whipper Snapper Designs for my main image. I bought it last Thursday at the Town Scrapper before my mom and I headed over to Actor's for lunch with Kraftin' Kimmie et al.
I stamped it with Brilliance Lightening Black (not as dark as Graphite Black, a little more greyish in fact) and coloured it in with my copics, using the actual stamp colours on the wooden block as my guide. I added some Spica glitter here and there on the party hats and the balloon for some pretty little bling.
I matted the image on red Bazzil cardstock, and used my SU corner punch for the green Bazzil corner piece. The blue Bazzil cardstock background was run through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder (bought at Scrappin' Great Deals), and was matted on the same red cardstock as the main image. The yellow Bazzil cardstock I cut to size and stamped the sentiment and stars on- both from Papertrey Ink's Limitless Labels set.
The green cardstock scalloped circle was made using the small Nestability die in my set, and then I attached a metal embellishment from MM using glue dots. The funky ribbon is from American Craft. The final touch was to glue it all to a white Papertrey Ink cardstock base cut to 5.5" square, and then I was DONE!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me some love!