Saturday, March 1, 2008

Rockabella rocks!

This card is based on WT155 and BSC01 over on Splitcoaststampers. You were to use music as your inspiration this week- so here is rockabella!

She's pretty funky isn't she?? First I stamped her in black and embossed with clear EP. Then I paper pieced her pants with that wild snake skin paper I bought at Stamp Art in London, On. I coloured her in with copics, using stickles on her shirt, shoes, and guitar handle. Then I sponged black ink around the edges, and matted it all on black cardstock. I love the hot pink streak in her hair...She reminds me of one of the current Top 24 American Idol contestants...the one that is a nurse, rides a motorcycle and rocks out! :)

I put some of my shiny gold paper through my Big Shot in a Cuttlebug folder, and matted it on black cardstock, and adding 2 treble clef eyelets. The snakeskin paper was matted on black cardstock also, and then I finally glued all the layers together, adding the "you rock" sentiment from MFT. Done!

This card is based on MFTSC11 on SCS. I used leftover DP found in my scrap drawer, and paired it with orange and black cardstock to give it a more "masculine" feel. I had an order of a few cards recently, and I made this one for a women who requested a masculine birthday card. I don't really have a lot of those made up that I like, so I was glad when this one turned out well (well, in my opinion!)

The image comes from the "Let's Hear it for the Boys" set from MFT, and the sentiment is Papertreyink- "Limitless Labels". I stamped the image and coloured it in using my copics. Then I paper pieced the chair and rug. The TV has crystal lacquer over the screen to give it that glass look. The circles were done using first a Sizzix die cut (for the plain circle), then a nestabilities die (for the scalloped circle). I inked the edges with orange ink and stamped the sentiment in black. I added some eyelets and staples for the finishing touches on the front, and stamped the matching sentiment that comes with the MFT set on the inside. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!