Monday, March 24, 2008

Pretty little Easter Patty Chick!!

*Ugh* Is anyone else as STUFFED as I am today?? What an Easter supper celebration! My husband, our little Jake and I all went to eat at my mom and dad's with our immediate family, and boy did they cook up a feast...a whole barbecued chicken (with a FABULOUS secret rub recipe that dad won't share), couscous salad, sourdough bread and to finish it off....chocolate caramel cake!!! I won't need to eat for a week!
I made this Easter card for them (I also took a yummy dip as an appetizer that went over well!) because I know mom appreciates anything handmade...and she gave me the image so I wanted to show her how I used it! :)
She used Brilliance Graphite Black to stamp the image, and I took over from there, colouring it in with my copic markers and adding spica glitter to the flower centres and leaves. She's called Patty Chick from the Calendar Chicks collection by Stampendous. I cut the image out using my oval scalloped Nestabilities and inked Aqua Mist around the edges. The yellow paper it's matted on was also cut out with Nestabilities.
The pretty sparkly paper is from Imaginisce, and the yellow matting is the reverse side of it. It was too Eastery NOT to use! I matted the DP on green sparkly paper from Doodlebug Designs, and then again on Aqua Mist cardstock. The ribbon is the polka dot Aqua Mist from Papertrey Ink. The pink card base was made from Bazzil cardstock and I used my corner rounder the guard off to do the scalloped edge. I then glued a tiny strip of Aqua Mist cardstock to the very bottom edge.
The sentiment is from the Limitless Labels clear stamp set by Papertrey Ink, and it was cut out with the smallest scalloped oval in my Nestabilities set. After inking the edges of it with Aqua Mist I was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!