Monday, March 17, 2008

Pampering yourself after a long, eventful weekend!

I'm taking today to recuperate...haha! I spent most of Saturday and Sunday away in Toronto at a girlfriend's bachelorette party and I'm now home and exhausted! It was fun though...lots of laughing, shopping, good food and wine. :) AND we went and saw Dirty Dancing at the Royal Alexandra Theatre so that was definitely a highlight...It wasn't the greatest show I've ever seen, seeing as it's not really a musical, just has great music in it, but I still enjoyed myself and would recommend it to a group of ladies to go and see!!

This card was made using my new set Time for the Bubbly from My Favorite Things that I bought off Ebay- wow, some great deals there!! It's based off a sketch on SCS and once again- when I find it again, I'll post who I CASED it from. :) It is 5.5"x5.5" which is a size I sometimes use just to get out my 5 1/2" x 4 1/4' funk every now and then!

I used all Papertrey Ink cardstock in White and Spring Moss for the card base and all the others layers. The designer paper is from the gorgeous Everyday Blessings set from Papertrey Ink, and I'm excited to say that I just ordered all of their paper from the latest release this past Saturday!! (okay, and I might have also ordered the matching ribbon, ink, and a stamp set)Woooohooo, I'll be stalking my mail lady for THAT package!

I stamped my image in Brilliance Graphite Black, and coloured it in with my copic markers. I added stickles for the bubbles, and some crystal lacquer for the mirror. The scalloped border I created using my corner punch, and then I hole punched each scalloped. The corners of some of the layers were punched with my SU ticket punch. Edges were inked with a baby blue from Versacolor and all glued down with my Tombow Mono glue- the only glue I ever use because it's what I started with and I've always had great results with it. Add a sentiment from the same MFT set, mounted on Spring Moss, and some mish mash of ribbon from my stash and done!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card! Loved the colors you used. Can I feature it in our Inspirational Crafts Blog?? We feature "inspirational" creations from around the world for others to be inspired as well. You can check us out at http://inspirationalcraftsblog.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!