Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Women of Life" and an Aqua Mist love affair

Ahhhhhh. I'm soooo happy with all my new Papertreyink products! Yesterday was a fabulous day for me in the cardmaking world as I received/bought way too many yummy things.
One of those things is the new Women of Life stamp set released by Papertreyink, and their Aqua Mist collection, including paper, ribbon and ink. Oh yeah, AND their new patterned paper line. :)
This card features almost all Papertreyink products- everything except the green ink (sage by Versacolor) and the Crystal Lacquer on the flower centres.
I made the card out of the Aqua Mist cardstock and used a pretty patterned paper from the Everyday Blessing 6x6 pad for the top half. Wrapped around the middle of the two papers and secured around the back with glue dots is the Aqua Mist Luxe Satin ribbon. I also cut a piece for the bow and attached using glue dots. The flower stems were stamped in sage versacolor ink on papertrey white cardstock, and the flower tops were stamped separately with Aqua Mist ink. I stamped the flower centres in sage, and added crystal lacquer to them for a shiny finish. Across the bottom in Aqua Mist I stamped the sentiment, choosing not to add a title on top of it. (The set comes with many 'titles' like grandmother, mother, daughter, aunt, etc.) I sponged ink around the edges of the white cardstock and matted it on Aqua mist cardstock which I cut with my Purple Cow paper trimmer using one of the decorative blades. The inside of the card is stamped with the happy birthday sentiment, with Grandmother on top of it. I think I will use this card for my husband's grandma. She'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!