Sunday, February 24, 2008

Scrapbook auction, the "eff" word, and more bella sketches!

Yesterday my mom and I went to a Scrapbooking AUCTION!! at Scrapbook Studio in Hyde Park....wow, was it ever crazy. The store owner was auctioning off all the free stuff she brought back from CHA a few weeks ago. The rule was, whatever $$ you spent in the month prior at their store was converted into "memory money" and you received the equivalent to use at the auction...so pretty much it was a win/win situation for them... haha. They get money from selling their products in advance, lure us into the store for the auction (because ya KNOW we're gonna buy more stuff!), AND make their customers happy by giving us a preview of stuff from CHA.

Most of the stuff up for auction was designer paper, which was a little disappointing considering I heard that last year there was some really cool tools and stuff up for auction- but hey, I've already spent my $$ there, I might as well bid on something.
Some ladies had $700 to work with!!
HOLY MOLY!
My mom and I ended up pooling our money and I bid on a stack of DP by SEI which was really pretty and mom and I are going to split it...since we rarely make any cards bigger than 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 we figured it wouldn't bother us to cut each sheet into a 12x6 piece.
Best of all- they offered a 30% discount for those who stuck around, so mom and I each bought a stack of DCVW Nana's Nursery glitter stacks- boy and girl and split those between us too!!!
I have to admit, there was a reason I bid on that particular SEI paper stack...a REALLY rude lady was standing behind me and kept bidding on stuff-- when she lost one particular bid, she actually got frustrated and said the "EFF" word!!!! (you know what I mean!) What the heck!!?? Some people are serious about their scrapping!! Well that just ticked me off (I figure that particular word is used by people who aren't smart or articulate enough to find something more appropriate to say) so I HAD to bid against her, and I won...hehe. A little personal victory for me. :)
Oh yeah, I DO have two bella cards to show you! This one is based on BSC15 and BCC16 over on SCS. I used all bazzil cardstock, except for the white (that's papertrey). The rust coloured circle was cut out using my Sizzix circle die, and run through my Ellison Big Shot in a Cuttlebug embossing folder.
All the corners were rounded with my corner punch.
Giftabella with hat was stamped with palette noir, and coloured with copics, and I added lilac stickles to the tassles on her hat and the bow and ribbon on the gift. I inked the edges with grape Versacolor ink. The sentiment is from Papertreyink's Limitless Labels set, and the "like swarovskis" are from Stamping Bella. The ribbon came from my stash, and I was so excited when I found it because it coordinates perfectly with the colours in the card!
This next one is from BSC16 on SCS. I used cosmobella and coloured her with copics, using a blue sakura glitter pen for her belt,and added lemon stickles to her sandals. In my opinion she's drinking an appletini with a cherry. :) Yum...
I punched the corners of the image and matted cardstock with my SU ticket punch and inked the edges with a soft blue ink. The background DP is DCVW, and the other coloured cardstock is bazzil. The staples are MM, and the crystals are from Stamping Bella. Ribbon is from Walmart, and the sentiment is also from Stamping Bella, and I received it in a swap from the bellaholicsanonymous group on Yahoo...haven't been there in awhile though so I might have to go check it out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!