Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More Sympathy...


Phewf, today has been chaotic! My husband travels quite a bit for work, and it's always a long few days with just Jake and I kicking around, so the two of us decided hit the road this morning to do some errands and have a coffee date with a girlfriend and her son Lukas. We live in the middle of nowhere in rural Ontario, so pretty much going anywhere takes at least a 30 minute drive. :(

I did manage to get quite a few cards made last night though, after the little guy went to bed.! Some more sympathy once again, for no reason in particular. I think I'm going to focus on a week at a time, making sympathy one week, birthday the next, etc. etc. etc. It will help for next winter when my mom and I do our card sales at the local craft bazaars.
On this card I experimented with alcohol inks. I used white glossy paper, and three inks, denim, stonewash and pitch black, all by Tim Holtz. I tried the "smooshing" technique that the Lucky Clucker described a week or so ago, but my ink dried too fast, leaving "dots" instead. That's okay, I like the result anyway!
The butterfly is "Quiver" by Penny Black, and the sentiment is from Encouraging Words by Stampendous. I stamped the butterfly in black and embossed with clear EP, while the sentiment was stamped in indigo Versa Color and embossed with clear EP. It's matted on black cardstock, and popped out with dimensionals. A sheer black ribbon was tied around the front, and the alcohol ink background is matted on blue and black cardstock. An easy card layout in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!