Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!


Uuugh! I'm STILL full from my amazing Valentine's meal with my husband last night- good wine, good steak, GREAT apple blossom dessert.... YUM!

I made this card a week or so ago, but my husband liked it so much I knew I'd keep it to give to him...he bought me a beautiful card (obviously he can't ask his wife to make her own v-day card!) that made me *blush* and get teary eyed with sentimentality (is that a word??)

I used my papertrey paper to back the card, and this gorgeous white specialty paper I've had for awhile now (bought it at Stamp Art in London). I cut the white paper to size and tied around it a black lace ribbon that I bought at one of my fave local stores- the Paper Pickle. The image (Three Dancing Hearts by Hero Arts) is stamped in black ink, and embossed with sparkle EP. The edges were inked with black ink, and it's backed on black bazzil cardstock. Super easy, elegant, and appropriate for a man or woman!

I'm off to work this afternoon for my storyhour at the library with my 3-5 year olds...then 4 hours of regular library time. I can honestly say I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job- books and reading are my passion and I could spend hours lost in the stacks of paperbacks and best sellers :) Although- I could hardly get lost in my library- it's a little one room brick building that is quaint, cute, and serves our community well!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this card is gorgeous! It's absolutely striking! I love libraries! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!