Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary (to me!) and congrats on your baby girl (NOT to me!)

It's my 5 year wedding anniversary today! Yahoooooo! 5 years ago today I was in Varadero, Cuba at the Sandals Royal Hicacos Resort thinking "well, I have to go through with this, otherwise I'm stuck on this island with HIM for the rest of the week! AWKWARD!"
Just kidding of course...I was excited, nervous and delighted as I'm sure many of you were on your wedding day!

This is the anniversary card I made for my hubby- yes, there's a flower on it, but I still felt that it was not toooooo girly. :)

I used Papertrey white cardstock for the base, added some double sided designer paper (that I don't know the make of, once again) that I punched the corners of with a fancy corner punch and matted it on orange bazzil cardstock. Then I added a turquoise brad to each corner. The main image is Happy Everything from Clearly Wordsworth and was stamped in Mountain Lake ink by Versamark. I coloured the image in with my copics (have I mentioned I loooove my copics, and bought them at Eclectic Paperie?) and added lime green stickles to the "a". It's matted on the matching solid paper, and popped up with dimensionals, with a Heidi Swapp white flower (cut in half) behind it. Done!

This next card is for no one in particular--although I'm convinced one of my girlfriends who is due in June is having a girl...maybe I'll save this one for her!

Card base was made using Papertreyink white cardstock, while the DP is unknown, one of those gems I find every so often in my scrap drawer. The coloured cardstock is a pretty shade of Bazzil cardstock.

This was a very quick and simple card to make.

The image is from Stamping Bella, and was stamped, cut out, and coloured with copic markers and popped up with dimensionals. I used my Marvy punches for the white square and the scalloped pink square, and added some pink ink sponged around the edges of the white square. The sentiment stamped is from the Baby Collection set from Clearly Wordsworth, and the baubles are from Stamping Bella also. Like I said, quick and simple and pretty if I might say so myself! :)

1 comment:

  1. happy anniversary marcy your card is simply stunning!!
    Phebe
    The TownScrapper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!