Monday, February 25, 2008

Going broke and Easter cards!

I think I've gone just a little too VISA happy...today was a GREAT mail day and I'm sooooo glad my husband was not home to see me cart in all the stuff. Phewf! :) My Stampin' Up AND Papertreyink stuff all came today, and I bought a little treat for myself, so needless to say, I'm going to be holed up in my craft corner for the next little while.

My mom and I drove to Petrolia to pick up our Stampin' Up stuff which Kraftin' Kimmie dropped off at the Town Scrapper for us...and of course I had to buy something from Phebe (the verrrry nice and helpful owner) while I was there! I mean, really!! I'm excited to say that I bought the MFT February released Serenity Now set which is so cute and I can't wait to try it out. Mom and I split on an order of SU paper and I also bought the photo corner punch for myself since I'm always borrowing hers.
THEN came Papertrey...ohhhhhh my goodness. I bought the Aqua Mist collection, so it came with 4 kinds of beautiful ribbon, an ink pad and 24 sheets of cardstock. I also bought the 6x6 patterned paper, and another stack of white cardstock because as I've said before- I'll never use another kind again! Toooo much fun!
This Easter card is all coordinated with the Making Memories Garden Party line. I bought some of their DP, velvet flower brads and a flower/button box that all works together. I used my Hero Arts "April" clear stamp set for the sentiment, which is stamped in pink and embossed with clear EP, and the eggs, which are different colours then embossed with clear EP. I stamped one, then masked it and stamped the other two. The blue one kinda turned out a little "dirty" (must not have cleaned my stamp well enough) but I was too lazy to start over. :) The edges are inked with pink ink, and it's matted on the coordinating solid colour of the DP. Finish off with the matching flowers and brads and done!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I just love those spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card you really did justice to that card........love the colours
    Phebe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!